Monday 11 February 2013

Creative 7:4

SMALL STORIES






I adore the work of Small Stories, aka, Gabrielle Reith.  Gabi's illustrations are b-e-a-oootiful, full of fun and frankly, magical.  Each one tells a story (folklore/fairytale) and what makes me love her work more is that she reflects and supports the Doric dialect of the north east of Scotland.

I always wish that my drawings could transform into something as spectacular as Gabi's creations.  Alas, it never has or will.

Her cut and sew tea towels are also genius and I am lusting after the owl and the pussycat cushions (see below).  Illustrations with a comfy purpose...... need, need, need this in my life!  Some folk would say that there is a fine line between what's designed for children and for adults but I see Gabi's designs fitting perfectly in both worlds (who really wants to grow up anyway?!)  I would quite happily fill my house with an extreme amount of Gabi's drawings and wooden jewellery.

 www.gra-small-stories.co.uk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment